Ten Reasons Why The Rev. Al Sharpton Will Be a United States President !!
10. Sharpton is "the voice of the voiceless and a champion for the downtrodden".
--President Barack Obama
9. Sharpton ran for the U.S. Senate in 1988, 1992, and 1994.
He also ran for the Major of New York City, and made a Presidential run in 2004. Many say his speech at the Democratic National Convention was "compelling. Even as he lost, he always beat everyone he faced in debate. The pivotal question: is the country ready? Are we?
8. Some say Sharpton coined the chant, "No Justice, No Peace."
Maybe he didn't create it, but he certainly has shouted it more than anyone else. For Yusef Hawkins, Sean Bell, Amadou Diallo, Trayon Martin. The list goes on and on.
7. He is a the Reverend Al !!!
Destiny could be on his side. After all, at age of 7 some were already calling him “the wonder-boy preacher.” Yes,he toured with the renowned gospel singer Mahalia Jackson. How's that for a start?
6. He's Black and He is Proud.
He's toured with James Brown and he can dance !!! Did he inspire the God Father of Soul when he wrote one of his most famous songs? "Say It Loud...(You know the rest!)
5. The Reverent can recreate himself!
He's literally half the man he used to be, losing over 170 pounds over the last few years. He's went from flashy jump suits, gold medallions and sneakers to Brooks Brothers suits and ties. He's traveled from the "mean streets" of New York City to being the outspoken host of MSNBC's Politics Nation. Wow!!
4. He's dating a much younger woman, pretty, curvaceous, and classy enough to be the next "First Lady."
Some say he is "getting his groove back."
3. Some say that as an activist he's "never met a video camera he didn't like."
He'll go anywhere and everywhere to make or shape the news. He's the "Reverend Soundbite" many say, a key essential for any politician.
2. He's founder of the very active National Action Network that has over 50 chapters and affiliates across the country.
The Rev. Sharpton has shown that he can mobilize his supporters/troops ASAP. Voter registration, marches, you name it.
And The Number 1 Reason Al Sharpton Will Become a US President Is............
Monster Growl Please....................................
10. When there has been controversy, he has always landed on his feet--obviously stronger for it.
He's been stabbed, sued, written books, interrogated (FBI, police) and made the headlines over and over.
OKAY, we will settle for Vice-President of the United States. ;-)